Announcement

Let me know if you are linking this blog to your page and I will put a link to yours.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Off topic: Some mangas

I have been following Hayate no Gotoku since the third tankobon, and while I still enjoy reading the story, I think the post-Athena development is simply blows.... I am not even sure what's the point of the entire sotory anymore. Yea, it can be another "slice of life" story, but I'd rather reading other mangas if I want to read a "slice of life" style. Sketchbook, for instance, is a nice one.

Besides, this plot takes a huge detour from the main story: the mystery of the Kings' Jewels, how it relates to the early death of Yukariko Sanzenin and Mikado's obsessions. By introducing a slew of new characters and adding this entire "comic con" development, it's just... a pile of mishmash that is completely lacking in direction. In the meantime, Hayate is adding another girl to his harem.
Yeah, Chisame. I agree wholeheartedly. It is like watching a trainwreck.

Speaking of direction, it seems that Negima has been lurching toward its finale (and probably ending the entire series). It has been a very long journey and the nice thing about Ken Akamatsu, aside of his untimely and frequent "break for research," is that he manages to tie up many of the loose ends into one coherent epic. I'd hazard to guess that there will be a lot of shonen-cliche going on and unnecessary fan services in the next several chapters, but overall it is still a good series to follow. Watch Evangeline makes everyone naked in the next chapter.
Ken Akamatsu also needs to stop adding nonsensical craps on his "spells." Why would someone use "nasi goreng" (Fried Rice) for the incantation? That's stupid and distracting. Hopefully, there will be a GOOD explanation in the tankobon.
Interestingly, someone in Fate's noob harem is actually very powerful and like, a hidden boss or something?

Humm, my complaints about plots reminds me of one of the longest series that I have been following: Detective Conan. I swear that I've never been able to guess the culprit correctly. The logic of Conan is always so messed up - I think Aoyama Gosho is very unfair with his clues. Well, either that or I am just bad at guessing. Still, the plots and the motives are now starting to be very repetitive... after 785 chapters.... Oh yeah, knowing how Conan's logic works, I think the culprit is the lady in the middle, because she is the only one drinking with right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment